|Job and Intern Postings|
Survivors Job Openings
Director of Development
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Development serves as a key element of the leadership team and an active participant in strategic decision-making. This position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Survivors, Inc. continues to grow. As a new position in the organization, the Director of Development will be responsible for crafting and implementing development activities under the direction of the CEO.
The successful candidate will help forge new relationships that will raise Survivors Inc.'s visibility, community impact, and heighten financial resources at both the local and statewide level. In addition, the Director of Development will design and implement a comprehensive development plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual, community, and corporate philanthropic support. The development plan will be designed to enhance the image of Survivors, Inc. and will communicate more effectively the mission and objectives of the organization, and to obtain support, both in efforts and financial, to include operating funds, capital funds, endowments and deferred giving programs.
The Director of Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure required to grow a $740,000 budget through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, corporate and foundation support.
S/he will expand and diversify Survivors, Inc.'s network and donor base/pipeline and work closely with the CEO to secure funding for new initiatives.
It is expected that the amount raised by Survivors, Inc. will increase in future years to meet and exceed unrestricted income cash needs as the Director of Development systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
Responsibilities- see position description for additional information
· Support and partner with the CEO and Board of Directors on all major fundraising initiatives
· Collaborate with the CEO to develop and implement Survivors, Inc.'s financial strategy
· Actively work with the CEO and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, community support etc.
· Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
· Oversee research funding sources and identify trends while aggressively pursuing mission related opportunities to help position Survivors, Inc. proactively
· Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analyses to CEO
· Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
· Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
· Identify, develop, and mentor the development team
· Previous professional experience in a nonprofit organization
· Demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
· Tangible and proven experience of having expanded and cultivated existing long-term donor relationships over time
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence, interact with and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
· Strong organizational skills
· Flexible and adaptable leadership style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
· Ability to work both independently and without close oversight, and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Survivors, Inc.
· Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred
· High energy, passion and commitment to the mission and vision of Survivors, Inc. is essential
· Ability to articulate and implement the annual strategic and financing plan
· Strong time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
· Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan for Survivors, Inc.
· Experience and skillsets necessary to successfully exhaust all possible sources to secure financial support from individuals, organizations, foundations and corporations
· Manage the implementation, data entry and gift processing for donor giving activity
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
· Create and effectively execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
· Oversee, develop, implement and manage organization of special events
· Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
· Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License; ability and willingness to use personal vehicle with annual proof of appropriate auto insurance and registration required.
· Successful completion of criminal and child abuse clearance background check upon hire and thereafter annually and as requested.
We accept internship applicants year round. Please contact our administrative office at (717) 334-0589 for more information about interning with Survivors.